Know architecture's role in the process and why it's so critical to build a solid one
- I'd like to start this movie…with a small exercise.…In a moment, I'm going to present you…with a bunch of words onscreen.…What I would like you to do is arrange those ideas…into logical groups.…Those are the only instructions I'm going to give you.…So, when the words come up,…go ahead and pause the video and take two minutes…to arrange those ideas into logical groups.…
Now, you arranged those ideas and may have come up…with groupings like "Golf" and "Football".…You may have come up with "Poker" and "Animals".…If none of those words were familiar to you,…you may have come up with monosyllabic and polysyllabic,…or begins with a vowel and begins with a consonant.…Even number of letters, odd number of letters.…There are a lot of different ways…that you can arrange this information.…The way you arrange it is going to be based…upon your experience, your frame on the world.…
All I did on that slide was give you data.…I gave you raw, unstructured, chaotic data.…We tend not to like chaos, so we put order to the chaos.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.