The recruiting world is no longer what many think it is. Learn about how the recruiter’s perspective on recruiting has changed. Discover how top candidates go about their job search, how best-in-class recruiters are operating today, and why the social recruiting mindset is so important.
- The recruiting landscape has dramatically changed in the last couple of years. Before the internet, every recruiter had his or her own black book type system. But now that job seekers have changed the way they're finding work, recruiters have to reinvent their tactics to find top talent. With advancement of technology and mobility of devices, today's job seekers are in the driver's seat. And because of that, more than 97% of recruiters are now using social media, especially LinkedIn, to meet these job seekers.
According to various studies, three in five job seekers use their smartphones to browse jobs, and when they discover a job opening they like, they're diligent to do their research. They check out the company, potential colleagues, their future boss, and even the recruiter, all online. With such a dramatic shift in the recruiting world, there's no doubt that we need to adapt to this new way of doing business. So how to best-in-class recruiters operate today to keep up with the changing landscape? Here's a list of top ways they differ from traditional recruiting.
As we go through this list, I want you to think about how many you're already practicing, as well as which ones you should start applying today. First, they create social media profiles that stand out on whatever platform they're on. They focus on building strong networks for their target audiences, and this saves them from wasting time on 20 different platforms or setting expectations they can never keep. Also, they do something rare. They keep their promises.
When they say they will get back to you, they do. And they consistently and frequently share valuable content. They provide personalized content that meets the needs and desires of their target audience. They strive to give, not just receive. They collaborate with their colleagues. And lastly, they maintain a strict daily social recruiting routine. In other words, they are true social recruiters. They have what I call a social recruiting mindset, and this can be you, it should be you.
Social recruiting is the way forward, and the social recruiting mindset is crucial for future success.
- Identify the stakeholders that should be involved when moving your recruiting process into social recruiting.
- Recognize the advantages of using LinkedIn to recruit job seekers.
- Summarize the steps taken to start social recruiting.
- Explain the importance of promoting your company brand in your social recruiting strategy.
- Recall the key element you should always keep in mind when creating content for your social platforms.
- Identify strategies for optimizing your time spent posting content to social media platforms.