Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video The need for cross-project integration, part of Project Management Foundations: Integration (2015).
- In earlier videos in this course,…I discussed intra-project relationships,…the internal integration within a project.…In this video, I will discuss project inter-relationships.…We will talk about the integration considerations…between projects that are external to your project.…This integration is important in order to achieve…the overall objectives of your organization.…Let me share a story.…In the neighborhood in which I grew up…a line-marking team came to repaint the lines…on a road by my house.…
The next week a different work team dug up…the very same road to replace some pipes…and by doing so, destroyed the line-painting work…done the previous week.…No one was integrating these projects.…There is a need for Cross-Project Integration,…where multiple projects need to come together…to create an end result for your organization.…How this integration occurs depends on…the nature of the customer and the capability of…the resources available to work on the projects.…
For example, let's consider a new car design.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assess how to plan for integration.
- Identify the cost and risk of a project.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Determine how to staff the integration.
- Analyze how to manage critical project interrelationships.