This video shows you how to be a coach, a part of the team, someone who people feel comfortable sharing ideas with.
- I mentioned earlier in this course…that every great risk-taking leader relies on a mentor.…Typically, we're just so consumed with checking that box…and are preoccupied with just getting something done,…we forget in the process that we can be…great coaches and mentors along the way.…Great leaders don't make a decision in a vacuum.…Rather, they surround themselves…with a circle of smart people, build coalitions,…and as an end result, end up minimizing the overall risk.…When entrepreneur Mark Cuban was told…that he takes great risks, Cuban disputed the charge,…stating that he doesn't take risks at all,…because his decisions are based…on his knowledge and experiences,…and the people he surrounds himself with to vet ideas.…
Most important is how bold leaders…see themselves and view their roles,…compared to their peers.…From the research I've conducted,…I've been captivated by the dichotomy…and the mindset of innovators,…versus that of the executives I knew…living on the east coast.…The west coast leaders I researched,…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership