Whether you're selling a product or service, the marketplace is getting more competitive. Guiding your team through tough market conditions is one of your most critical responsibilities.
- If you look back at the U.S. and world economy,…over the past hundred years,…there is consistent rise and inevitable major adjustment…every eight to 10 years.…The last major ones were during the internet…bubble burst around 2000,…and then in 2008 with the global financial crisis.…However, depending on the industry you're in,…there have been many other financial swings…during the past 20 years.…The auto, technology, travel,…energy, and retail industries all come to mind.…
There are also regional issues that impact local economies.…A company relocating from Connecticut…back to New York City would certainly…impact that Connecticut town.…Weather has also played havoc on businesses…in the U.S. and around the world.…So what does all of this have to do…with being a field sales manager?…Your company's results will more often than not…be impacted when the economy hiccups…or faces a serious downfall.…If your company is a publicly traded one,…and if your revenue is off…or profits aren't meeting expectations,…then your stock price is impacted.…
In this course, follow sales coach Dean Karrel as he explains what's unique about training, managing, and leading field salespeople. He covers topics such as the importance of giving field salespeople their independence, communicating remotely, the challenges of CRM, the need for travel, guiding your team through tough times, and managing performance from a distance.
- Understanding the role of a manager
- Managing up and managing down
- Leading those in the field
- Empowering your salespeople
- Managing meetings and check-ins
- Guiding your team through tough market conditions