- The Link System for memory is given its name…because it requires you to link one item to another…creating links in a memory chain.…Each item should link you to the next…if you're associating it properly.…The Link System is most useful…for remembering things in a sequence,…and there are many things that need to be remembered…in a specific sequence, a speech for example,…or maybe an eight step process…that you need to remember for a test,…or maybe nine things that you…have to get done in a specific order.…Let's try out an example,…here's a list of items we're going…to memorize using the Link System.…
We start by creating our first link,…as you can see the first two words…on our list are pen and shoe.…We have to link pen and shoe together in a visual manner.…Most importantly the image we create…in our mind must be exaggerated.…We already discussed why exaggeration…is important in earlier lessons,…so we need to make sure we implement it here.…For the purpose of this exercise imagine…you're wearing gigantic pens instead of shoes.…
- Memory principles that work
- Taking notes
- Using songs and rhyming techniques to remember details
- Building a "memory palace"
- Remembering names and passwords
- Memorizing long texts and speeches
Skill Level Beginner
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
1. Memory Principles
2. Memory Techniques
3. Using the Numeric Peg System
4. Situational Methods
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.