Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video On learning to say no, part of Insights from a Project Manager.
- Yes I have done that and let's talk about the instances.…Let's talk about the circumstances.…To me a project manager is a steward for the business,…and a steward for some form of change.…You have to be given the capability…to provide that stewardship in an appropriate manner…to make sure the business is, and the people within in it,…are going to benefit from the change that is being proposed.…Now there are some fundamental things that you need…in order to provide that stewardship.…
One is a sponsor that has the funds,…and has the time, and has the foresight or the vision…or the capability and responsibility to understand…the nature of the change that their proposing.…The second is the information…to understand the nature of that change…and to be able to bring it to fruition.…So I need, you know the tool, I also need tools…to be able to do that.…Right I mean I can't do this…without some budget, for instance.…
And I can't do that,…I mean I can't design something physical…without having some sort of design tool, right,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
"PMP" and the PMP logo are certification marks of the Project Management Institute, which are registered in the United States and other nations.
"PMI" is a service and trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the United States and other nations.
"PMBOK" is a trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the United States and other nations.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Advice for new project managers
- Why choose PMP® certification?
- Tracking project hours
- What is a triple-threat leader?
- Agile vs. waterfall project management
- Preventing scope creep
- Learning to say no