Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video The importance of business processes, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- A business process is a series of tasks…performed in sequence intended to deliver a service,…a product, or some other organizational goal.…When documented well, a business process…can be used to teach others in the company…how to perform the process and achieve some sort…of predictable outcome.…One example of something we might consider a process…would be a recipe.…When you download a recipe from the internet…you're trying to create a dish based on written directions.…No one's there to supervise or provide tips.…
So a good recipe needs to be quite specific…and also it should take into account a number…of probable variables.…Think about a time when you had a recipe…and the dish you created didn't come out as planned.…Why did that happen?…It could have been a number of reasons.…Perhaps the list of ingredients was not specific enough.…Maybe the descriptions provided in each step…were a bit vague.…If they asked you to wait until something changed color…perhaps you weren't sure if the color they described…in the recipe was what you were seeing in your kitchen.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.