Learn about why choosing a venue with in-house services can help streamline planning, reduce stress, and save money.
- Once you've narrowed down a location for your event,…it's time to start looking for available…event properties in that area.…One of the first things I look for in a venue…is their ability to handle all of my needs in-house.…By in-house, I mean that the venue's already…equipped with teams and equipment to handle all…or some of the support that I need for my event.…For example, does the venue have a catering team on-site…or will I need to find outside…food and beverage vendors on my own?…Are they able to provide the tables, chairs,…lights, and AV equipment that I need…or will I need to bring those in?…Sourcing vendors on your own can take a lot of time…and will add to the complexity of planning.…
Not only will you need to research outside vendors,…but you'll also need to make sure that they're…qualified and approved to work with your venue.…In many cases, this means additional contracts and vetting.…Any resources that the venue already has in-house…will be vetted, trusted, and properly insured.…Another great benefit to choosing…
- Identify the two most important principles of event planning.
- Describe the process of negotiating a budget for an event.
- Explain the most important factors when planning a menu.
- Summarize the different types of vendors and what they offer.
- Cite the various options for ground transportation and how to choose the best type for your event.