This video identifies the five levels of leadership, and explores the highest level of impact you can have as a leader. In addition, it identifies the key ingredients necessary to building a team or organization that thrives.
- What's the highest level of leadership,…the greatest impact you can have?…Let's explore the answer to that question here.…For several years, I facilitated workshops…for a financial services company.…The training occurred annually over the course of a week…for new managers they were bringing in…and this gave me a view into the organization…that was like time-lapse photography.…The vice president of customer service, in the early years,…was charismatic, with a big personality.…The organization produced great results…and he was highly regarded as an effective leader.…
But when he left for another opportunity,…the organization struggled.…Eventually, a new VP of customer service found her footing.…She had a quiet, very understated leadership style,…but I could see strength in the organization…begin to return.…She, too, eventually moved to a different position,…but the organization's successes continued.…The first VP was an effective leader.…He set clear goals, created an engaged environment,…and enabled the team to achieve high levels of performance.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why leadership is important
- Understanding customer expectations
- Establishing KPIs
- Developing a service strategy
- Improving the service process
- Leveraging technology
- Budgeting secrets
- Traits of effective leaders