Dan Rockwell, author of the popular blog Leadership Freak, shares insights that he's gleaned from CEOs and other trailblazers and smart strategies for developing your leadership presence.
- Hi, I'm Jeff Layton and today I'm with Dan Rockwell, you might know as the speaker, coach, and writer of the popular blog Leadership Freak. And today we're gonna talk about leadership. So Dan, tell me a little bit about your personal journey with leadership. How did you get started? - Well, I got started early on but really I've never been very good at it and that's why I started getting passionate about it. I started realizing I could be so much better. I had a midlife crisis, one of several, and I said to myself, "You have more in you.
"You've disappointed yourself." And those are painful thoughts, those are painful conversations and emerging from that was a renewed passion to have greater impact and that's where Leadership Freak came from and the writing and, you know, the stuff that has, the speaking, those types of things that have happened since.
- Common traits of great leaders
- Being an introverted leader
- Knowing yourself
- Celebrating success
- Being tough and nurturing
- Having difficult conversations
- Understanding the importance of failure