This video shows that irrespective of external pressures (from shareholders, analysts, media, etc.) that you are focused on long-term value creation and not short-term profitability.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] The most important aspect of bold risk-taking…is to understand value creation.…Why is that?…Because value creation is the primary objective…of any business.…It's obvious that most innovative organizations…understand that creating value for employees, customers,…investors, as well as shareholders…yields the greatest rewards.…We need to get out of the fishbowl…and stop being so focused on short-term profitability.…
Doing so will take a different type of leader.…Not those with the skills to recognize just what is,…but those risk-taking leaders…who comprehended what can be.…That long-term vision.…Risk-taking leaders who think less…about short-term profitability…are very good at embracing long-term value creation.…In Silicon Valley,…a mindset of creating value before making money…has been one of the region's biggest secrets of its success.…
Guy Kawasaki, in a TEDx talk,…used this phrase that I love to use:…make meaning as opposed to make money.…So, what's the takeaway?…If you're only looking to make money,…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership