Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video On favorite projects, part of Insights from a Project Manager.
- I have one favorite project at the moment,…really stands out in my mind, probably because it was…recent, but for another reason, as well, it's very public.…So down in Australia, we have a socialized healthcare…system, and all Australians carry a Medicare card.…And whenever you go to a pharmacy or you go to a doctor's…office or this hospital or whatever, you present…your Medicare card, which is not too different than…your insurance card here in the United States.…When this first all came out with the Medicare card,…what you'd have to do in Australia is you'd present the…card, you'd pay your money, and then you'd have to take…the card and a lot of paperwork to a Medicare office…and get a refund of the monies that you've paid.…
But I was associated with a project that ultimately…converted that and the Medicare card became like…a credit card, so you'd actually swipe your Medicare…card, like a credit card, a payment would then go…to the service provider, the doctor, the hospital,…the pharmacy, whatever the case may be, from Medicare,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
"PMP" and the PMP logo are certification marks of the Project Management Institute, which are registered in the United States and other nations.
"PMI" is a service and trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the United States and other nations.
"PMBOK" is a trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc., which is registered in the United States and other nations.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Advice for new project managers
- Why choose PMP® certification?
- Tracking project hours
- What is a triple-threat leader?
- Agile vs. waterfall project management
- Preventing scope creep
- Learning to say no<br><br>