Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video The dimensions of quality, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- Products and services are obviously different.…Products are tangible.…They can be inventoried for later sale.…And in many cases, some levels…of quality can be accurately measured.…Services, on the other hand, well, they're different.…Let's take a massage as our example.…It must be delivered on the spot,…there is no inventory of massages.…If the spa is busy, you'll have to wait.…And measuring the quality of the massage is difficult.…It depends on your physical needs,…your customer service expectations,…and perhaps the environment.…
As companies strive to create quality products and services,…managers need to be aware of the…different ways customers evaluate quality.…In operations, we often use the dimensions…of quality to help in the development of new products…and services, and also in the manufacturing…of those products and service experiences.…Let's begin with the dimensions of quality for products.…Performance, reliability, durability,…features, aesthetics, brand and reputation,…feeling and emotion, service response.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.