Explore the customer service process, or system of causes, and understand the many components that are part of it. See why much of the leverage in quality improvement is at the process level, and identify examples of working systemwide—for example, through training, tools, information management, and more.
- Customer service involves many variables…and components that can leave you wondering…where do quality standards fit?…Should they be part of an overall…quality improvement effort?…Customer service is a process operating within…a larger process that's the organization.…Let's look at what that means for quality standards.…In quality terminology, a process is a system of causes,…so customer service is a process that involves…many variables including customers, employees,…systems, policies, staffing, channels, and others.…
There's this whole layer of variables underneath each.…For customers, there's channel preference,…their knowledge, their communication ability,…expectations, even their mood's a factor.…So, customer service is part of an organization…and expansive system of causes,…and any specific function within customers service,…let's say dialogue with customers in a social channel…for a manufacturing company,…or handling international tickets for an airline,…any of those specific processes are systems of causes…
Watch and learn how to establish quality standards in customer service, and improve loyalty, revenue, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. Brad Cleveland divides the lessons into three chapters, covering quality and customer service definitions, quality standards for individuals, and quality standards for the overall organization. Along the way, he shows how to implement a process, measure progress, and effectively coach employees.
- Recall three sources of input when developing quality standards.
- Recognize recommended practices used to set quality standards.
- Summarize three elements to keep in mind when developing standards for individuals.
- Determine the meaning of calibration.
- Identify the characteristics that define four aspects of customer service.
- Identify the most important factor observed in organizations with effective quality standards.