In this video, learn about the combinations of pairs (for example, by project and time for each resource). This video addresses the pros and cons of each 2D view, including Gantt view, diary view, and team view. This can differ depending on how many people and projects you have, and how long the projects last.
- We've talked so far about simplifying…the problem of resource interdependency management…by looking at just the bottleneck resource,…but what if you have several scarce resources,…or everything is scarce at different times?…So you have to keep an eye on everything.…This is the dreaded cube of projects, resources, and time.…You could also call it what, who, and when.…Although remember that a resource…could just as easily be a room, or a piece of equipment,…or access to site or a crane.…
But anyway, the cube of projects, resources, and time…is what we're going to look at now.…You might want to view this video more than once.…So, the problem with a cube…is that you can't view it in two dimensions…as a table or a spreadsheet.…So if you change one thing,…it's hard to work out the effect on all the others.…If a project starts to run late,…what effect will that have on everyone's diaries…when they're scheduled to be working…on somebody else's project next?…If a person leaves, what effect will that have…on the various projects?…
- What is program management?
- Planning from the bottom up vs. top down
- Resource planning
- Managing projects, resources, and time
- Getting the staff you need
- Self-organizing teams