What might be the benefits of a new role, team, and location? Well, the team could be new friends. Think about how you met your current friends for the first time. Similarly, there could be opportunities for achievement and job satisfaction in the new role compared to the comfort zone of the old job.
- So you're being moved to a new role,…maybe in a new team or at a new location.…And this means losing your previous social network…and your previous knowledge…which might have taken years to build up.…Especially if you're a sociable type of person…this can be a big wrench, a big dip of hassle and learning…that you have to go through to get to the other side,…which may not even be as good when you get there.…So it would be good to think about the positives…of this change, what might be better…when you get to the other side?…What are the benefits of a new role?…I guess the most obvious one is that every friend…you have now, even your best friend, was a stranger once.…
So all those strangers who are just names at the moment,…some of them could be really great friends…that you're going to make.…And although old friends are good,…new ones stretch you more.…They give you new ideas and new experiences,…they make you think more, they're good for you.…And of course you can keep the old ones, as well.…Certainly keep the best ones.…
- Why we dislike change
- Planning for change
- Developing mental toughness
- Maximizing your interpersonal skills
- Setting long-term career goals
- Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
- What to consider if you're thinking of leaving your job
- Building up your network
- How to be low maintenance employee
- Establishing goals and plans with a new boss
- How to deal with a bad boss
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand and Prepare for Change
4. New Initiatives or Mergers
5. New Roles, Teams, and Location
The benefits of a new role3m 25s
6. New Boss
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.