Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video The balancing act, part of Leadership Foundations (2013).
Obviously, management and leadership can be at odds with each other, as creating…change and growth is not the same as creating stability and consistency.…And yet, you have to juggle both skills with style and grace.…The challenge that most of us face is that managing can take up so much time that…your leading can fall by the wayside. Here are some of my favorite strategies…for making this balancing act easier. First, be clear with yourself as to what…you're doing and why. Ask yourself, am I trying to generate…change or create more stability? Knowing the distinction will eliminate the…problem of applying the wrong skill to the situation.…
Second, be clear with those that work with you, as well.…It can be confusing to your staff if one minute you're asking for something that is…very immediate and tactical, and then in the next minute you're doing something…strategic and vision-building. For example, when you meet with your…employees in one on one meetings, decide when and how often you need to be…tactical, strategic, or visionary. Asking about their current projects and…
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.