LinkedIn principal author Doug Winnie describes the core roles and groups that will contribute to the development of your product. The core team consists of user experience designers, marketers, engineers, developers, quality assurance engineers. This group of people work consistently with the product manager to design and build the product.
- A product manager works with many different teams…and roles to bring a product to market.…Some of these people might be dedicated…to working on your product,…and others might be shared across multiple products.…The first is your core team.…These are the people that are working…on your product exclusively.…This consists of a few different people.…First, there are the people from the User Experience team.…These include designers and architects,…who will define how the product should look…and how the customer will manipulate and use the product.…
Part of their process may include…mapping out the steps that go into completing an action,…defining what is critical and what is optional for a user,…and examining variations on a single design.…Next, is your Engineering team.…These are the software, network, security,…service, hardware, and electrical engineers…who are responsible for building your product.…The type of engineers you will work with…will vary based on your product,…but they all will work together to create the features…
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is Product Management?
2. What Does a Product Manager Do?
When it is time to retire2m 58s
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.