Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing the transmittal, part of Writing a Business Report.
- The transmittal does exactly what it's name indicates,…it transmits or transfers the report…from the writer to the reader.…If an internal team has prepared the report,…the internal memo format is generally used.…If the report has been prepared by…an outside consulting firm for its client,…the letter format is more standard,…but the content is basically the same.…The transmittal of a formal report…is the only part that uses first person informal writing.…
The writer needs to think about what he would say…if actually handing the report face to face to the reader.…Since the writer is saying to the reader,…"We are giving you the completed report,"…the first four words are usually a direct…"Here is the report."…The first paragraph will be brief.…It may include the date that the report…was authorized and what the problem was…that the writer was tasked with…researching and analyzing.…For our sample report, we could write,…"This report will analyze why William should expand…"his online market by emphasizing its existing…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examining types of reports: formal to informal
- Writing the cover or title page
- Writing an introduction and body copy
- Writing a strong ending
- Doing research
- Writing outlines
- Revising and proofreading<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.