Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing the offer letter, part of Hiring Your Team.
The final selection hurdles have been completed, and it's now time to prepare an offer.…In this video, we'll review the various components that may be included in an offer of employment.…What I'm covering is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice.…I recommend that either the HR department in your organization or legal counsel review…the components of a written offer, which can be in the form of a letter, memorandum, or…other document, before it's sent to the applicant.…
For purposes of our discussion here, I'm going to refer to the written offer of employment…as the offer letter.…In most organizations, your HR representative will be responsible for drafting the offer…letter with the components that have been approved for your orgianzation.…If that's not the case and you, as the hiring manager, are preparing the offer, please be…aware that some states may require additional information to be included when presenting…a written offer of employment.…
So, it's wise to check with your legal counsel before sharing the offer letter with a potential new hire.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.