Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing the ending, part of Writing a Business Report.
- All business reports will have one…or a combination of these endings:…A Summary, Conclusion, Recommendations.…If the report is just informational,…such as a trip report or the progress report,…it will end with a summary.…If the report is analytical,…a problem has occurred and you are asked…to conclude why the problem occurred,…or you may have been tasked…with finding a solution to the problem.…If that was the situation,…then the ending will be a conclusion…upon which those specific recommendations are based.…
These recommendations may already be noted…throughout the report body.…Descriptive headings will identify…specific recommendations being supported…if the report uses the direct approach…for a knowledgeable, receptive reader.…For example, if your descriptive heading is…Display Only Company Brands In-Store…then you've already told the reader…the recommendation that will be analyzed…and supported in that portion of the report.…A more general heading, however, such as,…Determine Which Brands To Display In-Store…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examining types of reports: formal to informal
- Writing the cover or title page
- Writing an introduction and body copy
- Writing a strong ending
- Doing research
- Writing outlines
- Revising and proofreading<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 52s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.