Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing the appendices, part of Writing a Business Report.
- Will your business report need an appendix,…or if more than one item, the plural appendices?…Probably.…How do you determine if an appendix is necessary?…Ask questions such as, "Do I have information…"that is not essential to explain my findings,…"but that supports my overall analysis?"…"Information that my reader might want to see,…"but not at the moment he is actually reading the report?"…One example of information that could be included…in an appendix is summary graphics or visuals,…a visual that doesn't support a specific body section,…but shows the summary of all the statistical data…in the report, and maybe in an easy-to-read table.…
For example, in the report body might be a chart…comparing the sales in four branch stores…as representative examples of the north, south,…east, and west.…But the reader might want to see more…than these four locations that you're analyzing.…So sales for all branches could be…provided in a table placed in the appendix.…You might even include a map showing all the locations…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examining types of reports: formal to informal
- Writing the cover or title page
- Writing an introduction and body copy
- Writing a strong ending
- Doing research
- Writing outlines
- Revising and proofreading<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.