Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the appropriate recipients for any given email.
- Establish a clear purpose for an email and convey it effectively.
- Determine who the audience of an email is and write it accordingly.
- Apply a variety of rules and techniques to create a strong message.
- Assess the need to CC and BCC and select recipients thoughtfully.
- Cite general etiquette rules for sending emails.
- Demonstrate the appropriate way to send an attachment.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to Writing Email. I'm Judy, and I look forward to helping you use email effectively and efficiently. In this course, you will learn to craft emails that will get read, all the way from the subject line to the attachment. We'll examine five tips related to understanding when and how to use email. Then, we'll delve more deeply into each, as we focus on crafting personalized email messages that will leave a good impression on the receiver. Finally, email etiquette will be examined, including copying and forwarding.
And even when not to use email. I'm excited to share with you these tips for using email as a communication tool. Let's begin looking at the most commonly-used business communication channel, email.