Join Guy Kawasaki for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing "The Art of Social Media", part of Guy Kawasaki on Entrepreneurship.
- I wrote The Art of Social Media with Peg Fitzpatrick, and it was her idea, she pounded on me for six months to write it. I said, "No, I don't wanna write it, "there's a lot of information about social media, "the world doesn't need another book about social media." But finally, one day, I decided, wow, I get asked the same questions so many times and all these experts are saying things that I just can't agree with. You know, all the experts say, "Never repeat your tweets." I'm repeating my tweets three times in 24 hours, and I know it works. So, one day, I just said, "Okay, so let's write the book.
"Let's just try to write the best book "ever written for social media." And, I think we pulled it off, I think.
- The critical nature of prototyping
- The qualities of an MVVVP (minimum viable, valuable, validating product)
- The irrelevance of business plans
- The qualities of state-of-the-art pitches
- The replacement of marketing with social media