While your workshop might be over, there are a few things to take care of to ensure the success of your next offering, including evaluations, attendance, and updating materials.
- While your workshop might be over, there are a few things…you still need to take care of to ensure the success…of your next offering.…First, finalize logistics.…This includes things like submitting attendance sheets…and evaluations, as well we returning supplies.…You'll want to get these taken care of as soon as possible,…as they likely impact the participants.…Second, provide feedback to the support team.…While you might be at the front of the room,…no workshop happens without the support of other people.…There might be information or feedback you need to pass on…about things like room setup, AV equipment, and catering,…so that adjustments can be made for future offerings.…
This includes compliments as well as constructive comments.…I find that when we get busy, it's easy to forget…to tell a team that they did a great job.…But acknowledging the folks who helped make the workshop…a success will not only make them feel appreciated,…they'll be more motivated to help you in the future.…Third, update your materials.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Facilitating adult learners
- Best practices in workshop design
- Understanding your participants
- Designing the right activities
- Preparing the logistics
- Facilitating the workshop
- Keeping things on track
- Increasing participation and collaboration
- Solving unexpected problems
- Dealing with challenging dynamics
- Creating closure