Your teamwork training is complete. Before you go, learn the top 10 tips for team building, and find out how to contact the author for questions.
- So that's being a team player.…It's a much neglected area,…something we take for granted…but which often lets organizations or projects down,…and it's something which we think…we probably can't change in ourselves,…but actually there are simple things…you can do to become a better team player,…things which start as conscious techniques…but then become habits over time.…And once they've become habits,…then they've become part of you,…so you've really changed.…So I want to leave you with my top 10 of teamworking.…
Practice and become great at these 10 things…and you'll make a more effective contribution.…Firstly, be a great listener.…Ask people about themselves and really listen.…Don't talk about yourself at all…unless they ask you probably twice.…Trust people more, give them…the initial benefit of the doubt.…Help the quiet ones to participate.…Ask them for their views, they might be deep thinkers.…Reveal a bit more about yourself…than you normally would.…
Ask for feedback and really take it on board.…Think about your weaknesses and get others…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting the job done
- Dividing up the work
- Cultivating communication
- Handling conflict
- Delivering reliably
- Playing more than one role
- Using your strengths and dealing with your weaknesses
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.