Join Jeff Ansell for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap up, part of Communicating with Confidence.
- Any time you speak is an opportunity to practice one or more of the communications techniques you'll learn in this video series. Whether it's in a meeting at work, or a conversation over coffee, be mindful of how you're communicating. First, be sure you're breathing. Focus on one thought at one time. Use inflexion and emphasize words to strengthen your message. Have meaningful eye contact. Make peace with pausing. Talk with your hands. Use short, simply worded sentences.
Breathe. And, above all, say it like you mean it and look like you mean it. By the way, there's no need to do all of this at once, that'll come over time. As you implement the techniques, consider honing your eye contact for the next week or so. Then, the week after, focus on pausing. The week after that, work on eye contact and pausing. Then, layer in the hands and so on. Remember, every day life offers the best opportunities to practice communicating with confidence anywhere, any time
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Integrating voice modulation, eye contact, and hand gestures into a powerful and engaging communication style