Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap up, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- So what did we cover and what happens next?…Well, we discovered that operations management…seeks to manage and improve the processes…that make products and produce services.…We learned that operations seeks to provide customers…value by giving them the right mix of cost,…quality, speed and flexibility.…And operations also looks to keep the company happy…by improving productivity.…From there we learned about inventory.…Why it's important.…
How much it costs companies.…How much inventory a company should order.…And what companies need to consider in managing inventory.…We also discussed issues related to manufacturing…products and services.…We saw different manufacturing strategies.…We discovered issues related…to managing manufacturing capacity.…Plus we discussed lean manufacturing…and also focused factories.…From there we saw how the management of waiting lines…can create efficiencies,…improve the customer experience,…and also improve the work environment for your employees.…
We even explored some simple waiting line formulas…
LinkedIn Learning is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.