Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap-up, part of Business Writing Strategies.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- That chess player may think long and hard…about her next move.…That football coach may have his players practice…a dozen different strategies before deciding…which one is best to defeat the next rival team.…And then those chess and football opponents…may not do what we wanted them to do,…or react the way we anticipated.…We have no guarantee.…But by anticipating, analyzing, and practicing,…we are better able to make quick adjustments…and implement a different strategy.…The same is true with choosing and analyzing…effective business writing strategies.…
We carefully anticipate our reader's response or reaction,…and use what we think are the best strategies,…knowing that we have no guarantee that we will always win.…But we do increase our chances.…So the next steps?…If you haven't already used the practice file…after each group was presented,…the routine, good news, bad news, and persuasion,…then practice revising those documents.…For more practice, you might look for situations…in your company for which you could draft documents,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Deciding when to begin or delay the message
- Presenting information
- Getting support for ideas
- Understanding the audience
- Communicating internally and externally
- Choosing the appropriate language and tone
- Using business writing outlines and templates
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Deciding the Strategy
2. Analyzing the Situations
3. Analyzing the Audience
Understanding audience needs3m 34s
4. Determining the Correct Written Channel
5. Strategy Specifics
6. Choosing the Language
7. Strategy Outlines
8. Templates for Common Writing Strategies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.