Join Deborah Perry Piscione for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap-up and next steps, part of Risk-Taking for Leaders.
- View Offline
- Now that you've wrapped up this course,…I hope you have a better understanding…of the value that risk taking can bring…to your leadership and your organization as a whole.…Just remember, the most important characteristics…of a risk taker is that of trust, coaching and mentoring,…allowing people to bring all of their talents…to the organization, and, most definitely,…a process that enables good ideas to come to the forefront…from any person in any corner of the company.…At this point, if you haven't already,…go back and take the mini risk taking assessment…in this course and, for a more in-depth version,…check out my book, The Risk Factor.…
You may be a great risk taker personally,…but more conservative company-wide.…Understand this may be a slow process at first,…but by surrounding yourself with like-minded people,…brilliant thinkers, and trusted mentors,…taking that bold risk may be far easier than you think.…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership