…In today's workplace, your peers and your boss may or may not…be located in the same building or even the same country as you.…Thanks to advances in information technology,…we can connect with anyone anytime.…This has given rise to the era of virtual teams.…In a virtual team, you might work in an office or at home, but…either way, most of your colleagues work…somewhere else and you're only connected electronically.…Sometimes, the team all works in the same place, but it's the boss who's virtual.…
This presents a unique challenge.…I mean, how are you supposed to manage the boss when they're never in the office?…Well, it can be done.…Just remember these essential tactics.…First, be very explicit about your expectations and their expectations.…In a positive manner, you can tell your boss the two or three things you need from…them in terms of communication and support that will…help you survive without having them in the office.…Maybe that's being copied whenever a particular…topic is being discussed, or maybe it's…
- Explore how self-reflection is a starting point for understanding others.
- Review they ways that social capital (credibility) relate to performance, recognition, and helping others.
- Recall different kinds of communication channels you can establish with your manager.
- Identify the most effective ways to promote your accomplishments.
- Review methods for documenting issues that help you communicate up.
- Explore key strategies for working with a remote manager.
- Examine ways to repair a damaged relationship with your manager.