Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Working like an agile team, part of Agile at Work: Building Your Agile Team.
- In the 1940's, there was a very popular…Superman radio program.…Invariably, someone in the show…was in some dangerous situation.…Then the radio announcer would start their chime,…"Look, up in the air.…"It's a bird, it's a plane.…"No, it's Superman."…Then in a flash, Superman would swoop in and save the day.…That was the life of a superhero.…There were people in trouble,…and then at the very last minute…you would swoop in and save them from disaster.…As strange as it might sound, that's much different…from how many organizations view their projects.…
They will try to hire their own superheroes for the team.…They would over-rely on one hired superhero to save the day.…Agile tries to break away from this superhero model.…For the project to succeed,…they need to distribute to the entire team.…There is less drive to find one person to drive and deliver.…An Agile team should try to share knowledge…and share responsibility.…That's a key part of the team's responsibility…to self-organize.…Extreme programming is one of the earliest Agile frameworks.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Starting agile in your organization
- Defining team roles and responsibilities
- Letting the team self-organize
- Training the team
- Thinking and delivering like an agile team
- Avoiding pitfalls