It's inevitable that as you learn more about effective leadership practices…you'll notice who uses good leadership practices and who does not.…The challenging news is that it can be frustrating to watch others violate the…principles and practices of good leadership.…This is especially difficult when the person is your supervisor.…The head of your function or the leader of the organization.…If this is your situation, know that you'll need to be artful about how you…navigate these relationships. Drawing on every ounce of your emotional…intelligence. Often you'll be teaching by example, and…your best efforts may not be seen or appreciated for how great they truly are.…
If you have good relationship in place, you may be able to offer suggestions and…insights about the choices you're making and why.…Your attitude and approach is very important here.…If you sound like you're judging the person or trying to teach him or her a…lesson, you'll trigger defensiveness. You want to genuinely share the reasons…for your approach and the benefits you've seen.…
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.