There are concepts that you need to know and are important no matter what type of contract you find yourself signing. What are these concepts and how do they impact your contract? In this movie, author Seth Polanksy explains what work of ownership and delivery is and how that impacts the contract you could be signing.
- Delivery and ownership of work product.…We've touched on this topic briefly…during our journey together.…I simply wanted to hit home how important it is…that you always carefully craft and include language…specifically describing the conditions…under which ownership of the work you do…will pass to another.…Whether this language is included…in the main body of your contract in a statement of work…or in your proposal, you absolutely must ensure…that any party with whom you're contracting…does not obtain title to your work…until and unless they've made full and final payment.…
As I said, language protecting your rights could be located…in many different places in a contract.…Here's a warranty of title that I've used on many occasions…that protects the artist's rights.…As you can see, title does not pass…until and unless all outstanding invoices have been paid.…
AuthorSeth C. Polansky
Disclaimer: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Why do you need a contract?
- Types of contracts
- Asking for an NDA
- Work-for-hire and contractor agreements
- Proposals, quotes, and statements of work
- Licensing agreements
- Delivery and payment terms
Skill Level Intermediate
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Contracts
2. Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
3. Work-for-Hire and Contractor Agreements
4. Proposals, Quotes, and Statements of Work (SOW)
5. Licensing Agreements
6. The Most Important Parts of Any Contract
7. Additional Resources
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.