Tatiana Kolovou teaches you how to answer the "So what?" question in the first few minutes of your presentation. She demonstrates how to show value and connect the dots of your presentation to company goals.
- Have you ever sat in an audience … too embarrassed to admit that you have no clue … what the speaker is talking about? … Or the opposite, which makes it painfully difficult … to stay focused, when the speaker is covering … the very basic concepts which you learned ages ago. … This happens often when speakers don't really consider … the fundamental question about their audiences. … What do they know? … And what do they not know about the topic? … If your group knows very little about your topic, … or if your topic is technical or unfamiliar process, … you want to simplify the explanation … to the most common denominator. … If your audience is unfamiliar with your topic, … relate it to something they do know, … and help them connect the dots. … Avoid acronyms, or terms the group may be unfamiliar with. … For example, when Katie first starts talking … about Kinetico creating business relationships in Brazil, … and she knows that someone in her office … is unfamiliar with where Brazil is, …
- Explore how to evaluate your audience's knowledge level.
- Define audience value.
- Recall how a 'forest vs. tree' analogy compares to the audience interview and presentation design.
- Recognize what logical appeal means in a presentation setting.
- Define emotional appeal in a presentation setting.