Organizational overview, where sales fits, how sales can drives innovation, and operations.
- Imagine you and I meet at at a cocktail party,…and you ask me that age old question,…what do you do for a living?…And I proudly say I'm in sales!…Now how are most people going to respond to that?…Oh, looking over to the other side of the room,…oh I think I see someone I need to talk to.…Or, I'll tell you the answer I often hear,…oh, I could never do that.…It's a very interesting response.…So I want to talk to you some about…the noble profession of selling.…
Because when people think about sales…they often think about shady deal makers…and those overly aggressive, really obnoxious people,…but those kinds of people actually aren't…very successful in sales.…So I'm on a mission.…We need to reframe this narrative.…Think about this,…there are plenty of people who are bad parents in the world,…but nobody says that families are an awful thing.…In sales, just because we have a few bad apples,…we shouldn't let that taint the entire profession.…Because I want you to think about this.…
Sales is actually the lynchpin of any organization.…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.