Learn how to spotlight your results, get traction quickly in your territory, get access to senior leaders
- What's the first thing you should do in a new sales job…if you want to be successful?…Well, most everyone will tell you start selling something,…but I'd like to suggest something different.…Before you go after prospects,…talk to some customers who are already buying.…Ask, why do they buy from your company?…Because, you see,…the first piece of success is actually acquiring…that institutional knowledge.…You need to know why do customers buy,…what impact does your products and service…have on their business,…and you want to hear it in their words,…because what this does is it gives you,…the seller, confidence,…and it helps you create your own story…to share with prospects,…because just going out and talking about your features…is not going to be enough,…you want to know the impact that you have on customers,…so if you're more experienced in sales,…and you're looking to jump start your performance,…go back to some of your best customers,…and ask them,…how did our product or our solution affect your business?…How did this create wins for you?…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.