- When learning math, it's really important to build…basic skills by doing simple calculations in your head.…So, a few things to remember about mental math.…Frequency builds skill, so the more you do it,…the more you're going to get good at it.…So, things like adding numbers in your head,…multiplying numbers in your head, these are things…you want to do as much as you can throughout the day…whenever you get the chance, things like, knowing what,…you know, 7 plus 8 is without having to count…on your fingers, and knowing your times tables.…Practice these things until they become automatic.…
So, another benefit to doing this - it's going to conquer…some of the math fear or math anxiety that you have.…People who have math anxiety really tend to shy away from…doing even the simplest things in their head.…And that, of course, as you might imagine is going to…make them worse at math over time, so the more…you can do these little math calculations in your head,…the easier it's going to be to do them in the future,…
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Math Foundations: Part one
2. Math Foundations: Part Two
3. Math Foundations: Part Three
4. Shopping and Cooking Math
5. Health and Fitness Math
6. Home-Improvement Math
7. Probability and Counting Math
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.