Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Why logistics is important, part of Fundamentals of Logistics.
- The line between order and disorder…lies in logistics.…This is a quote from Sun Tzu,…the famous general who wrote The Art of War,…a book which has become a business classic…over the past few decades.…I agree, one cannot overestimate…the importance of logistics.…Every company, large and small,…is deeply involved in logistics,…whether you do it yourself,…or hire someone to do this for you.…Regardless of what business you are in,…every company basically does three things.…
You buy some stuff and you turn it…into a new and different product,…and you then sell that product to a customer.…In short, you source, make, and deliver,…which are the basic functions of supply chain management.…Logistics allows you to get that stuff…from the supplier to your factory,…to manage your inventory during transportation and storage,…and to fill your customers' orders.…But also, effectively managing product returns…is becoming increasingly important today.…
Logistics management began with military operations,…and most people agree that the military…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding order fulfillment
- Defining logistics
- Comparing inbound, outbound, and reverse logistics
- Key decisions: delivery, distribution, and inventory
- Coordinating the supply chain
- Trends in logistics management