Learn how to plan, lead, and facilitate Lean Six Sigma Work-Outs, Kaizen, or rapid improvement events to achieve operational excellence.
- Why take this course? If you have been tasked to lead and facilitate a Lean Six Sigma Work-Out or Kaizen event, this course can be very beneficial for you. The success or failure of any Kaizen event is highly dependent on the detailed planning that needs to be done by the facilitator because if you fail to plan, then plan to fail. If you are looking for a course on general meeting management skills, this course is not for you.
There are many good courses on meeting management on this site. I recommend that you review those courses to polish your general facilitation skills. This course is focused on planning for a successful Work-Out or Kaizen event. Hi, I'm Dr. Richard Chua, author, Certified Master Black Belt Trainer, consultant and professor. Over the past 30 years, I've trained and coached executives, project leaders, facilitators and teams in Fortune 500 and multinational companies in deploying operational excellence and Lean Six Sigma.
I know you are eager to start this course, but wait. The facilitator must know the Lean Six Sigma tools, the very same tools that participants use. For a quick refresher on processing maps, FMEA, VOC and CTQs, please review the prerequisite courses, Operational Excellence Foundations, Six Sigma Foundations and my two courses on Lean Six Sigma teams and this course, where I discuss how to facilitate events to create those outwards.
Now, back to this Work-Out. If you've already done that, what are you waiting for? A really good Kaizen or Work-Out is planned at least three weeks in advance. So, let's get to work.
Note: This course does not cover general meeting facilitation. It is specific to planning Work-Outs and Kaizen events. Any prerequisite training in the Operational Excellence and Six Sigma learning paths should be completed beforehand.
- Planning a Work-Out or Kaizen event
- Who to invite
- Creating a detailed agenda
- Value stream mapping and analysis
- Streamlining and waste reduction Kaizen
- 5S Kaizen
- Voice of the customer Work-Out
- FMEA Work-Out
- Process metrics and control Work-Out