In this video tutorial Angela shares who the agile product owner collaborates with and what it looks like to collaborate successfully with the other team members. She discusses the delicate relationship between the product owner and scrum master, as well as how involved the product owner is with the technical team and other roles like business analysts, leaders, and product managers.
- On agile teams, the focus on collaboration…should not be minimized,…and this applies to the product owner, too.…As an integral part of the agile team,…the product owner has a large mission.…A full time product owner interacts…with many roles in the organization…and on the team through facilitating,…face to face meetings, collaborating,…and influencing.…Let's look at each role more specifically.…First, the scrum master, project manager or team lead.…
Let's call this role the team leader for brevity,…though I realize you use any of these titles.…The product owner and team leader work together frequently…to lead and guide the team on the product vision…and shared understanding of the features being developed.…They also collaborate on refining the backlog.…Though it's the product owner's responsibility,…the team leader is in a great position to help out.…These two roles also collaborate on motivating the team…with engaging meetings, making sure communications…are effective, and modeling trust and empowerment.…
Next, let's look at the developers and technical resources.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The goals, background, and mindset of a product owner
- Product ownership as a team
- Understanding product requirements in Agile
- Defining a valuable product
- Analyzing a product roadmap
- Defining a backlog
- Creating an agile release plan
- Setting your expectations as an agile product owner