Learn how to answer the When and Where questions to determine the timing and logistics for the event.
- You have developed the purpose, scope,…deliverables, activities, sessions,…and participants list for the Kaizen event.…Now what?…Before you schedule and send out any invitation,…you need to determine the duration of the event,…where and when to hold it,…and carry out the logistics-related preparations.…In other words, where and when?…Based on the list of participants,…plan to hold a Kaizen event at a convenient location,…close to the majority of the participants.…
If the majority of them are in location A,…and the purpose is to improve a process in location A,…then the event should be held at location A.…Of course, the location of the event should be conducive…to the activities you plan to conduct.…For example, if you need to reorganize a work area,…you have to hold the event at that specific work area.…Next, let's focus on developing the timing…and duration of the Kaizen event.…Here's a sequence of steps I recommend.…
Look for your list of activities and sessions…required to produce the deliverables.…Determine the Lean Six Sigma tools required at each session.…
Note: This course does not cover general meeting facilitation. It is specific to planning Work-Outs and Kaizen events. Any prerequisite training in the Operational Excellence and Six Sigma learning paths should be completed beforehand.
- Planning a Work-Out or Kaizen event
- Who to invite
- Creating a detailed agenda
- Value stream mapping and analysis
- Streamlining and waste reduction Kaizen
- 5S Kaizen
- Voice of the customer Work-Out
- FMEA Work-Out
- Process metrics and control Work-Out