Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video When are you leading?, part of Leadership Fundamentals.
Throughout your day, you're probably going back and forth between managing and…leading. Today, leadership and management are…closely intertwined, because almost all people in leadership roles also manage…people, and projects or functions. Let's explore the important distinctions…between them. The primary goal of leadership is to…produce change and growth. As a leader you envision a better…tomorrow, and design the change that will get the organization from here to there.…The primary goal of management is to produce order and consistency.…
As a manager, you create a stable work environment that is clear and consistent,…so employees can be as productive as possible.…Management was conceived during the industrial revolution.…When factories necessitated organizing the work of large groups of people.…Voila, the birth of the modern manager. Needless to say, there's some natural…tensions between being a manager and being a leader.…Think about your day to day work over the past two weeks.…And identify when you're managing and when you're leading.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.