In this video, Bert Verdonck discusses the key pieces you should know prior to taking this course, including a basic knowledge of social media sites.
- A lot has been said and done when it comes to social recruiting and not every recruiter is on the same page, nor would every recruiter make the same recommendations. But one general recommendation I think everyone will agree on is familiarity with LinkedIn and Twitter. You should be familiar with both before you continue watching. If you have experience on other platforms, like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc, that's a big plus. And by familiar, I don't mean that you should have a history of using these platforms for recruiting.
But you should know your way around, so that when I reference them you know what I'm talking about. Okay, with that out of the way, we're ready to dive in.
- Why the social recruiting mindset is important
- Benefits of social recruiting
- Involving stakeholders in your social journey
- Posting jobs and relevant content
- Contacting job seekers the right way
- Promoting your employer brand
- Leaving a lasting impression
- Driving referral recruitment