In this video, Bert Verdonck discusses the key pieces you should know prior to taking this course, including a basic knowledge of social media sites.
- A lot has been said and done when it comes to social recruiting and not every recruiter is on the same page, nor would every recruiter make the same recommendations. But one general recommendation I think everyone will agree on is familiarity with LinkedIn and Twitter. You should be familiar with both before you continue watching. If you have experience on other platforms, like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc, that's a big plus. And by familiar, I don't mean that you should have a history of using these platforms for recruiting.
But you should know your way around, so that when I reference them you know what I'm talking about. Okay, with that out of the way, we're ready to dive in.
- Identify the stakeholders that should be involved when moving your recruiting process into social recruiting.
- Recognize the advantages of using LinkedIn to recruit job seekers.
- Summarize the steps taken to start social recruiting.
- Explain the importance of promoting your company brand in your social recruiting strategy.
- Recall the key element you should always keep in mind when creating content for your social platforms.
- Identify strategies for optimizing your time spent posting content to social media platforms.