Join Kelley O'Connell for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Cert Prep: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®.
- This course is intended to broaden and deepen your understanding of Agile project management. There are many ways to implement Agile, many specific methodologies. Each one can be useful depending on your situation. In Agile, you're also free to blend them into something that's ideal for you. Only by understanding the roots and philosophy behind Agile can you be completely successful. This course will start by giving you the why of Agile before we dive into the how.
If you're new to Agile, I recommend taking my course on Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Management, or the Agile at Work series. Once you're comfortable with the Agile mindset, we'll explore some tactics that apply across the whole family of Agile. We'll explore what value-driven delivery means and why it's so important. We'll also talk about managing your stakeholders. They can either be your champions or your adversaries.
Working with them is going to be crucial for your projects. Every project depends on its team to achieve its objectives. Agile is no different on that front. In fact, Agile goes a bit further by saying that your team can't attain their potential without the right level of empowerment and autonomy. We'll explore both the rationale behind this statement and the tactics needed to guide your team there.
Planning is a daily practice in Agile methodologies, so this course will also cover best practices and planning, and provide examples and templates you're free to use and modify to suit your needs. Finally, we'll spend some time talking about risk management and continuous improvement, and what that means for you and your teams. If you're ready for a deep dive into all things Agile, this is the course for you.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement