LinkedIn principal author Doug Winnie explains what you should know before taking this course. He describes how there aren’t any prerequisites for this course, nor are there any specific hardware or software requirements. Doug also mentions that while this course will focus mostly on technology-based products, the principles that are in this course apply to products and industries of multiple types.
- This course is a basic exploration…of the process and discipline of product management.…There aren't any prerequisites you need to know…or understand in order to take this course.…While product management extends…to multiple industries and types,…this course will primarily focus…on software and technology based product management.…The concepts and skills, however,…transfer to other types of products and industries as well.…And we will discuss the differences…between many of these industries,…and how product management differs between them.…
This course doesn't require any…special hardware or software to complete.…Throughout this course, if you have a product…that you're trying to develop and build,…or are working with others on a new,…or an existing product, I suggest having…an online, or a physical journal, or notebook at hand…to brainstorm and jot ideas that come to mind…as we go through the steps of the product lifecycle.…
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is Product Management?
2. What Does a Product Manager Do?
When it is time to retire2m 58s
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.