Join Catherine Mattice Zundel for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Human Resources: Building a Performance Management System.
- I once posted a conversation in a group on LinkedIn asking the HR members to share their experiences using their performance management system to curb work place bullying. One guy jumped on my back telling me that you can't use performance management to manage behavior because behavior and performance are different. Since then I've been curious about this point of view and often have asked others about it. I've found he wasn't alone. I'm sorry, but I disagree with these folks.
Performance and behavior are the same, and behavior should be managed with your performance system. In fact, it often is. If you've ever written someone up for being late to work, that was you managing behavior using your performance management system. To go a step further, behavior and culture are intertwined, and you'll find all throughout this course I'll be talking about culture as part of your performance system. Let's get everyone behaving in the right ways so your business and a strong corporate culture can thrive.
- Benefits of a performance management system
- Components of successful performance management systems
- Setting expectations
- Developing a unique performance appraisal process
- Training managers
- Incorporating company values
- Documenting performance evaluations