Not sure if this course is for you? Watch this video to see if you might benefit from taking this course.
- This course is for professionals in sales management, marketing management or just about anyone who needs to know what might happen in the future. That's a lot of people. Being able to produce accurate sales forecasts makes you a valuable member of the team, and that includes just about any team that you might be on. For this course, you should have a basic understanding of marketing and how your company generates sales. If not, check out my course Marketing Fundamentals.
You'll also need some basic math skills but nothing too tough. We'll be using Microsoft Excel for the quantitative part of this course. Now you don't have to be a power user of Excel for this part, but you do need to understand basic operations such as entering formulas and how to copy and paste those formulas to other cells. Bottom line is, you don't have to be a quantitative expert or Excel master to get a lot out of this course.
Let's get started.
- Understanding the sales forecasting process
- Defining your market category
- Understanding market dynamics
- Selecting a forecasting technique
- Using quantitative forecasting
- Understand moving averages
- Using qualitative forecasting
- Using estimates from customers, sales reps, and distributors
- Using a panel of experts