Join Stefan Michel for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Service Innovation.
- This course is designed for entrepreneurs and business people who want to improve the way their company interacts with customers. Whether you are in business to business market or consumer market, even if you main offering is a product, service innovation is important and becomes even more important through the ditch till transformation. One chapter focuses on customer insights, another on your business, and the third discusses how to successfully align them. We will discuss real world examples from Disney in China, McDonald's international launch of a hotel chain, Grameen Bank in Bangladesh, and many more.
Some have implemented successful innovations and a few have failed. This course is not an introduction to basic business principles. There are a number of good courses on this site that can you get started with the fundamentals of business. This course is a higher level look at creating additional revenues in established businesses through service innovations.
Once you understand service innovation in its different forms, you can design and implement your own innovations. Each chapter combines real-world case studies with a methodological framework to help you become a better "idea hunter" for service innovation. After you identify an innovative model, you will learn how to align and execute your innovation by applying the customer star model and by embedding your innovation approach in your overall business strategy.
- What is service innovation?
- Innovating by relieving and enabling customers
- Linking attributes, benefits, and values
- Innovating value constellations
- Innovating outside your firm
- Designing around the customer's need with customer stars